For more info, read my disclosure policy.
NEW PHOTOS & UPDATES AT THE BOTTOM!
Here are some highlights from our journey to parenthood for you to enjoy:
Note: You can click most of the photos to enlarge them and be sure to watch our awesome ultrasound video that Drew made below!
- October 23, 2011: This is the day we found out that our lives were about to change forever!
- December 1, 2011: This was the one-year anniversary of when Drew proposed to me at Christmas Lane. We went back to visit, but this time we had all new excitement!
- December 15, 2011: On this day we got to see our little baby for the first time. At 12 weeks, it was absolutely incredible to see how much development had already taken place. We were in awe of the teeny tiny little hands and feet.
- December 21, 2011: On this day we got to hear our little guy’s heart beat for the first time! We were so thankful for a healthy, strong heart beat and a great report from the doctor that everything was going well.
- January 26, 2012: On this day we felt the baby kick for the first time. It was really exciting! I had felt a few flutters before but this was a for-sure kick and Drew was able to feel a couple as well!
- February 6, 2012: On this day we found out that the little miracle growing would become a little boy! We enjoyed the ultrasound and watching our little guy move around and turn over. We also noticed how much more development had taken place since the last time we saw him. You never really appreciate the miracle of a baby until you experience your own for the first time! Watching the ultrasound technician scan all of his organs and seeing everything working properly was so amazing!
Watch this video that Drew made for Baby Andrew from our ultrasound on February 6th:
He is such an amazing husband and I am so thankful my little boy will have such a great father figure to look up to 🙂
- February 9, 2012: On this day we got to participate in another ultrasound, but this time at the hospital, for a detailed anatomy scan. The equipment here had more capabilities that our doctor’s office. They even had the ultrasound feed projected onto a big screen so both Drew and I could see everything clearly. This was a longer ultrasound and our little guy was very active, moving all around. We were even surprised to get an early sneak peek of him in 3D. Technology is amazing! We think that Baby Andrew will have his daddy’s nose 🙂
- April 1, 2012: On this day we decided to begin preparing the baby’s nursery. We stocked up on paint and went to work (well, mostly Drew went to work!). Over the next few days we created a very fun and inviting room for our baby. We can’t wait until he’s here! We still have a few things to get done in the room, but we’re off to a great start!
This is the print we picked out for the crib bedding and loveseat pillows/throw:
Here are a few pictures of what Baby Andrew’s room looks like so far:
May 1, 2012
Hello Family and Friends!
As most of you know, Drew and I are preparing to welcome our little miracle into the world in about 8 weeks! The time seems to have flown by lately and we can’t wait to hold our son for the first time! He will be named after his father and grandfather, so he’ll be “the third.” We will call him Andrew. Our son is due on June 29th, but we both think he might be early, which would mean he takes after his father 🙂
We’ve had quite the adventure over the past few months and while some has been challenging (terrible all-day sickness for the first 5 months!), it’s been a welcome adventure. I’m so very blessed to have such a wonderful husband who has been by my side to hold my hair, prepare my favorite meals, make sure I always have ice water, attend every doctor’s appointment, and now attend all of the baby and childbirth classes at the hospital. I feel truly thankful that he not only has participated in my pregnancy, but that he’s actively shared this experience and is as excited about our growing little miracle as I am!
Baby Andrew Events:
Our BABY SHOWER was May 20th:
Update: May 24, 2012
My amazing sister-in-laws and mother-in-law threw us a wonderful Baby Shower on Sunday, May 20, 2012. It was soooo much fun! We really appreciate all the time and effort involved in planning such a special day of celebration for us! We also appreciate the time everyone took to come and celebrate with us! Some of you even came from 1-3 hours away! It means a lot to know that you were all a part of our exciting celebration! I even got to Skype with my family in California during the shower so that they could participate from far away. From the delicious food, to the careful details, and all of the wonderful people and gifts in between, we couldn’t have asked for a better day of celebration!
After the shower, Drew and I enjoyed going through all of the new items we received for Baby Andrew. We spent time hanging up all the adorable little outfits and organizing the nursery with all of the necessities. It’s so hard to believe that soon Baby Andrew will be here and we’ll be able to dress him up in these little outfits! We are both sooo excited to meet our little guy! It’s definitely becoming more real as the countdown gets shorter and shorter.
We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives that have joined us in welcoming our little guy!
Now we just have to wait…. 🙂
Here are some photos from the Baby Shower:
June 3, 2012: Baby Andrew Update
WOW, it’s JUNE! That’s a big deal! It means that this little baby will be here and we will become parents THIS MONTH (hopefully!). We are beyond excited! We’ve spent the last week finalizing his room and getting the last few things we need on the list. We are stocked up on baby gear and adorable, tiny little outfits. Of course, I can never have enough of those tiny little outfits. They’re just SOOO CUTE! But… we’re ready for him whenever he’s ready to meet us 🙂 I’m kind of hoping he takes after his dad and is early, instead of being late like his mom. But we’ll see….. I have a feeling he might make his debut before the 29th.
Here you can see quite a few additions to his adorable nursery:
My mother-in-law made the loveseat cover, pillows, and blanket for us. Let me tell you…. they call that adorable owl fabric Snuggle Fleece. It is the softest thing I’ve ever felt! I can’t wait to relax and hold our little baby with the soft blanket all wrapped around us. Of course, it’s Florida and it’s summer, so this may be more towards the holidays. But it’s adorable and perfect. And it’s kind of hard to tell in this photo, but there are about 80 hangers on that shelf filled with tiny little outfits. If this keeps up, he may take over my closet!
I don’t mind at all. I just can’t wait until he’s here! I’m so ready to finally meet my little boy! 🙂
So, while we’re on the subject, there was one more thing we needed to do before we were officially “ready” for him to come: set up our chord blood banking.
Cord Blood Banking:
We have decided to go ahead and save Baby Andrew’s chord blood. It wasn’t a super difficult decision for us because it just seems like the smart thing to do. There are so many medical issues and medical advances that something like this could really make a huge impact later in life for Andrew, us, or his future siblings.
We decided to use CBR (Chord Blood Registry) for our banking. We did a lot of research on our own and there are so many great companies out there. What we really liked about this one is that they have storage facilities in areas that are safe from most natural disasters. They have high ratings. My sister-in-law and her family used them with their first daughter and had a great experience. We were able to save $250.00 off of the price of the chord blood banking through their referral. We know that many of our friends are expecting in the future. If you’d like some information about our decision, or you’d like us to refer you so that you can also save $250.00 towards your chord blood banking, feel free to contact me or my husband!
Our Kit came FedEx to the house today. It was overnighted yesterday. Here are a few photos of the kit:
So that’s that! Now this week, we finish the final touches on the nursery (paint the wall mural, get a crib and glider, etc.) and I’ll be mailing out the rest of the Thank You Cards!
Check back again soon for more updates!
-Lindsay and Drew
The final days:
Friday, June 29, 2012: Baby Andrew’s Due Date! (His due date came and went without baby Andrew’s arrival)
July 2, 2012: Drew and Lindsay went to the hospital to be induced!
July 3, 2012: Baby Andrew was born at 10:36am. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19 inches long. We are so in love with him!
Please check back soon for updates! We’ll be posting new photos and exciting updates very soon. We are so in love with our little guy and look forward to each new day as a family!
Drew & Lindsay
Photo: taken Easter 2012
Baby Andrew at 2 days old at the hospital 🙂