I will be turning 29 next month. As someone who has always appreciated setting goals and creating lists–some of which I’ve accomplished while others have collected dust over the years–I thought I’d make a list of things to accomplish before my 30th birthday. While my longer-term goals will always be long and continue to grow, I am very blessed to have already accomplished so many of the big ones like marry my best friend, become a mom, travel to Europe, start a business, meet a role model, and so many more!
I plan to revisit this and update it as things get checked off and I’m hoping to have this entire list completed. Feel free to share your own goals, words of encouragement, or hold me accountable. There are SO many that I haven’t even included in my list, but this is a great starting point. Yes, I am aware that some of these are pretty ambitious, but I’m also aware that anything is possible if you trust God, work hard, and never give up. They say if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough!
I am going to make the last year of my 20’s the most productive year ever!
In no particular order, here are thirty things I’d like to accomplish before my 30th birthday in 13 months.
1. Get in the best shape of my life.
2. Hold a baby tiger.
3. Expand both of my businesses enough to hire at least five employees for each business.
4. Take a vacation with my family and completely unplug from everything.
5. Spend a weekend away with my husband somewhere we’ve never been before.
6. Learn a new skill.
7. Meet someone I admire.
8. Buy a new car.
9. Be debt free.
10. Teach Andrew to spell 10 words, including his name.
11. Send out more snail mail cards, letters, and care packages to loved ones (on time).
12. Spend more time outside.
13. Bake a pie from scratch.
14. Maintain a healthier lifestyle (sleep, diet, and exercise).
15. Read 20 new books.
16. Create a business partnership with Daymond John.
17. Drink tea every day.
18. Design and make myself a shirt (and wear it).
19. Take more videos of our little ones and lots more pictures! And finish both of their First Year scrapbooks.
20. Take the family to Disney World.
21. Start drinking wine (in moderation).
22. Publish a book.
23. Throw my husband the best birthday party he’s ever had.
24. Spend at least 2 nights/days a month out with friends.
25. Find Andrew and Aidan some play groups so they can have fun and make friends.
26. Have at least 2 ‘mommy and me’ dates with each of my boys each month one-on-one.
27. Go to church every weekend (unless someone is sick).
28. Spend at least 10 hours volunteering with a local charity.
29. Appear on a TV show or in a national publication for my business.
30. Develop a schedule and routine to live an organized lifestyle all year long.