For more info, read my disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Duck Brand. All opinions are mine.
If you’re like me, you are excited because it’s CHRISTMAS WRAPPING SEASON! I seriously LOVE wrapping gifts for Christmas while I watch one of those great made-for-TV Christmas movies or listening to Christmas tunes! This year, I’m partnering with Duck Brand to bring you guys some fun tips for wrapping, packaging, shipping, and storing for the holiday season. Whether you are wrapping gifts for family and friends, or, if you’re a small business owner like me, shipping orders to customers and out to the distribution center! I hope you find the following tips helpful. I’ve also put them all together for you in a fun little video to watch while you wrap your gifts!
- Put your gifts inside another box. This makes them easier to wrap and will also make it harder for your gift recipient to guess what their gift is! This is especially helpful for oddly shaped packages!
- Get your strips of tape all ready to go while you are wrapping so you don’t have to fumble around with it during the wrapping process.
- Tape the wrapping paper to the center of your box to hold it in place while you wrap.
- Fold the “cut” edge over on the bottom of the package to give the package a nice, clean look without having to cut it in a perfectly straight line. Be sure to smooth out wrinkles as you go!
- If you’re in the DIY spirit, try to make some fun bows yourself using wrapping paper and tape you already have! I’ll show you how to make a fun DIY wrapping paper bow in the video below! You can also fold a little piece of wrapping paper in half to make a gift tag.
Packaging & Shipping:
It’s so exciting packing up orders and knowing they’ll be finding a new home under someone’s Christmas tree! During Christmas, I try to do a few little extras to make sure the person opening up the package has a special experience whether they are receiving the order as a gift or as a treat for themselves.
- Wrap the order in colorful tissue paper and seal with a sticker to create a fun opening experience for your customer!
- Include a hand-written Thank You note in your package. Customer service is important all year long, and especially during the holidays!
- You can reuse existing boxes you already have by wrapping them with kraft paper and sticking a shipping label on!
- Tape the inside of the box as well as the outside for a little extra reinforcement as your package travels around the world. Duck Max’s professional Hot melt adhesive provides instant stick on boxes.
- If your products are liquid, be sure to place them securely into a resealable plastic bag to help protect against leaks. If you’re shipping to a distribution center like we are, sometimes your items are packaged with other items and a little spill could ruin everything in the box.
- Be sure to protect fragile items by wrapping them in bubble wrap, using cardstock to keep photos from bending, or by placing air bubbles inside the box to prevent the items from moving around. This is the time of year that people are buying gifts for their loved ones, so taking extra care with packaging will help make sure all gifts make it safely in time for Christmas! Duck Max packaging tape is extremely thick for heavy-duty box sealing and works so great for our heavy boxes of liquids!
- Let your customers become your elves by providing them with tracking information so they can help keep an eye out for their packages. While it is rare, sometimes packages do get lost during the holidays… and the sooner you know, the sooner you can work with your customer to make sure a replacement is sent out in time for Christmas!
Storing and Moving:
- After Christmas, you can use Duck Max clear packaging tape to secure all your pretty decorations until the Christmas season returns next year. Be sure to label your boxes so you can easily find your items when you’re ready!
- Duck Max tape is also great for moving since it’s 100 TIMES STRONGER than acrylic tapes for maximum adhesion. I believe you can never use too much tape so I like to tape over every single opening of the box: on top, on the bottom (inside and outside), and on the sides because I like to leave no room for a spider to crawl into my boxes!
Find Duck Max Packaging Tape at Sam’s Club:
Head over to Sam’s Club and look in the office supply section for 8 PACKS of Duck Max clear Packaging tape….all for UNDER $20!
WATCH MY VIDEO FOR WRAPPING & PACKAGING TIPS:
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR WRAPPING AND PACKING TIPS?
LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW!